- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme, stems on (or chopped 1/4 cup basil leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red crushed pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh chiffonade of basil,
- 1 pound dried cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt for pasta water
- Fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute tomatoes and garlic in olive oil and butter with red crushed pepper flakes and thyme (use the sprig as well because the flavor is great).
Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Boil your cavatappi in well salted water until al-dente. Follow the directions (time) given on the pasta box.
When ready to serve, remove the thyme sprigs, add the cavatappi to sauce and a little pasta water if necessary.
Grate fresh parmesan cheese over top and stir in fresh herbs.