- 1 pound chicken breast (about 2 breasts), cubed
- 6 scallions, whites only, thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, minced or 1 teaspoon Garden Gourmet ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water, plus two tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large crowns of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds, optional
You may be wondering why I’ve posted three Asian-inspired recipes in a row. Well, to be completely honest, I’m completely obsessed with my new Le Creuset wok that my hubby gave to me on my birthday! It makes getting lunch or dinner on the table during the week super easy! And everything I’ve made in it so far has been excellent! I think this is a secret wok! I wonder what Le Creuset has done? Hmm…beats me, but whatever it is I love this thing!
In a bowl combine scallions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, one tablespoon of cornstarch, salt, sherry, and sesame oil. Add chicken pieces. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Next thin your marinade with 1/3 cup of water.
Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable or sesame oil to your wok. Add the your broccoli florets, water salt and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In your wok add your chicken and marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes, add the broccoli back to your wok.
In a small bowl combine remaining teaspoon of cornstarch and jsut a little water. Mix and add to wok. Toss to coat and thicken.
Serve with steamed basmati rice (our favorite).