- 1 pkg. (about 1 pound) of chow fun noodles
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 scallions, sliced at an angle
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1/2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- CHICKEN MARINADE
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips across the grain
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tabelspoon low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 inch piece ginger, grated or sliced or 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden ginger in a tube
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
Every time my family goes out to our favorite Asian restaurant The Peking Garden in North Raleigh we order a dinner for five. We each choose a favorite dish and then we sit around a beautiful large round table with a lazy Susan in the center.
We mostly stick to our favorites, but sometimes we try something new for fun. Always on our table however is everyone’s favorite.
Chicken Chow Fun.
I was a bit intimidated, but decided to try my hand at this dish this weekend.
And y’all, it was terrific!
1. Place your noodles into a pot of boiling water. Cook for three to five mintues until less than al dente. the noodles will cook a bit more when stir fried.
2. Marinate the chicken in a bowl and set aside.
3. Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.
4. Chop the veggies and set aside.
5. Heat your wok quickly stir fry the ginger and garlic with 1 Tbsp. oil for about 30 seconds (don’t brown). Add veggies and quickly stir fry for 1 min. Remove from pan and set aside.
6. In the same wok over high heat add 2 Tbsp. oil and brown marinated chicken. When the chicken is browned, add the noodles and toss to mix and soften noodles for about 2 minutes. Add back the veggies and stir to mix.
7. Pour in sauce and stir to mix.