- 2 Greek roasted chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, pitted and sdiced
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Sargento pizza style shredded cheeses
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup very warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
I love Greek style chicken.
The tartness form the vinegar and lemon.
I love everything about it especially becasue you can bake a bunch of chicken breasts at once. Store and refrigerate them and use them in salads and on top of pizzas.
Here’s how I made this yummy Greek style chicken and veggie pizza. It was colorful, crispy and delicious.
Make the Greek style chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
Make the pizza dough
1. Combine the yeast, sugar, water and ½ cup flour in a small bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for about ten minutes so that it can proof. Once the mixture doubles in size, it should have a sponge-like appearance. Place the mixture in a larger bowl and add the olive oil, remaining flour and kosher salt. Stir it with a wooden spoon just until it combines, then pour it out onto your lightly floured island or counter. Sprinkle flour on top of the dough and then begin kneading. The dough should be sticky, but not enough so to stick to your hands. Continue adding flour little by little as you knead. The total flour used for this recipe should not exceed 2 ½ cups.
2. Knead dough until it is as smooth as a baby’s bottom. Place dough in a large bowl that has been greased with a little olive oil. Cover with a dish towel and place in a draft-free area for about one to two hours, or until the dough has more than doubled in size.
3. Place one oven rack on the second shelf of the top of the oven and one rack on the very bottom. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
4. Once your pizza dough has doubled in size, transfer it onto a baking stone coated in a non-stick cooking spray.
5. Starting in the center gently push the dough out to the edges. Air bubbles in the dough are welcome!
6. Add your pizza sauce and cheeses. Now the chicken, sliced red onions, fresh garlic, olives and tomatoes.
7. Begin baking in the top portion of your oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Once the pizza begins to turn a litle brown transfer to the bottom of the oven for another 10 minutes or until the crust becomes crispy.