- 1 bunch curly kale
- Fresh blackberries and raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
Some salads can be loaded with calories, but not this one. I love kale. It’s green. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and is so inexpensive! It also tastes great!
I love eating raw kale. I also love kale chips!
Here are my tips for making the best kale salad ever!
- When bringing your kale home, cut off the ends (like you would with flowers) and soak in water for 20 to 30 minutes). This will hydrate your kale and really bring it back to life!
- Wash your kale well and then let it dry completely.
- The ribbing is tough, but easy to remove. Simply fold your kale in half and use the rib to help guide you – cut it right out with ease.
- Scrunch up your kale and cut into ribbons.
- Drizzle a little amount of olive oil and lemon juice and massage into the kale. This will tenderize the kale.
Make your dressing by whisking together honey or agave nectar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
Plate your salad, place berries on top and drizzle with a little dressing. Now THAT”S a salad you can feel really good about!
This post is part of a healthy campaign from BJ’s Wholesale Clubs!