- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 pound sliced Colby Jack cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Garnish with:
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
I was proud of myself yesterday. I typically head to Curves early in the morning, but yesterday I wanted to get a head start on my yard work and the gardening that awaited me. Being cooler in the mornings, I started early.
My hubby and sons hate when I work outside. I’m allergic to bees, but I just love being outdoors. I promised them that I would hire The Mowing Men, the awesome teenage duo of David and Austin, to help me.
My guys were a little disappointed when I told them I dug up some plants. I guess I am a rebel at heart.
I admitted that I dug into a small bees nest but David came to the rescue, pulling out his can of wasp spray just in time. That kid is good.
I’ll head out later…
The risk was that I would have been too dirty and tired to go to Curves in the afternoon, BUT I WENT!
And I was happy.
In need of a quick and easy dinner, I made something I hadn’t made in YEARS! And I mean in…years.
It was so delicious it made me wonder why it took me so long to make this recipe again.
When living in Asheville I made it at least once a month.
My guys were so happy to return home to the smell and taste of this Mexican-style lasagna. They enjoyed so much.