I have enjoyed watching my two sons grow up to become wonderful men. I also treasure memories of their childhood like our Tuesday nights. Our family loved Tuesday nights. The boys and I would watch their dad and his company’s recreational softball league play a game each week. We would have fun packing a picnic supper and really got good at creating packable meals.
I remember the year the team surprised us with an award. It was a jar of peanuts which said, “The best peanut gallery award.“
I don’t remember missing a game. Why would I? The boys loved watching their dad and (don’t tell anyone) I loved watching him have fun plus he looked so darn cute on the field.
Sometimes we would bring enough sweets like these brownies for the whole team to enjoy.
This week the Food Network and bloggers like me are sharing our favorite packable desserts. These salted caramel brownies are so good and easily transferable.
Some other packable dessert ideas:
COOKIES like my blueberry white chocolate cookies.
CAKES that are so good they don’t need frosting like Mrs. Little’s Delicious Blueberry Cake.
For more yummy packable desserts visit my friends and join the conversation on Facebook, twitter and Pinterest by using the hashtag #packagabledesserts
The Lemon Bowl: 5 Ingredient No-Bake Fig Newton Bites
Dishing: Caramelized Pineapple with Mint
Weelicious: Raspberry Cheesecake Jars
Virtually Homemade: Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Salted Brownies
The Heritage Cook: Anzac Biscotti
Taste With The Eyes: Cherimoya Brulee
Devour: The 5 Best Picnic Sweets
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Chambord Raspberries
Red or Green: Healthy Ginger-Molasses Cookies
Swing Eats: S’Mores Bars (Gluten-Free)
Domesticate Me: Summer Berry Parfaits with Vanilla Bean Ricotta and Toasted Almonds
Dishin & Dishes: Triple Berry Pretzel Salad Dessert in a Jar
Food For 7 Stages of Life: Oats and Peanut Laddoo (No Bake Energy Bites)
Bacon and Souffle: Mason Jar Overnight Oats
In Jennie’s Kitchen: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
FN Dish: Make-and-Take Picnic Desserts
Salted Caramel Brownies
Salt makes desserts sweeter. Can’t have nuts? Try white chocolate chips instead!
|Serves 10 to 12
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum- free baking powder
- 1/2 cup Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt for garnish
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Tip: Save your butter wrappers and use to grease your baking pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Tip: Temper eggs by adding a little at time until mixture comes up to temperature. You don’t want to make scrambled eggs!
- Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased pan and bake in a 350* degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Do not overcook. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out with just a few crumbs, but not wet, it’s done!
- Meanwhile place brown sugar, butter and heavy cream in a saucepan. Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remember that it will continue to thicken as it cools. Never leave caramel on the stove unattended and do not put your finger in to taste. HOT SUGAR IS DANGEROUS!
- For convenience and ease pack sea salt in a small bag and caramel sauce in a small jelly jar. Don’t forget to pack small plates, napkins, forks and a spoon for drizzling!
- When ready to enjoy drizzle caramel over your brownie and sprinkle with your coarse sea salt.