- gourmet carrots
- drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- fresh thyme leaves
One evening it was just my son Nathaniel and me. I made my dad’s Portuguese-marinated pork with Israeli couscous and this side of roasted carrots.
I love roasting vegetables — especially carrots. Slow-roasting vegetables brings out their natural sugars. It’s healthy, too, and take a look at that pretty color!
Another great thing about roasting vegetables is that it literally takes no time to prep them especially if you buy gourmet carrots. I save a bundle (pun intended) by buying my vegetables at BJ’s Wholesale Club.
These gourmet carrots are pretty, peeled and simply perfect.
Here’s how easy this healthy side is to make.
(Clearing my throat…)
I am a bit embarrassed at the ease of this preparation, but it is SO GOOD and who in the world desires to slave over a hot stove in the middle of a hot summer? Surely not me! YOU?
I didn’t think so…
Don’t blink because you might miss something!
1. Open the package of carrots.
2. Place the already-peeled carrots (I love that!) in the bottom of your baking dish.
3. Drizzle a touch of olive oil over top.
4. Sprinkle freshly cracked black pepper and just a bit of kosher salt over top.
5. Toss to coat, place in a preheated 450 degree oven and roast for ten minutes or until the carrots are slightly browned and fork-tender.
Easy AND d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!