- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden ginger
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Feta cheese, garnish
- Sunflower seeds, garnish
The recipes being shared over the next six weeks will be:
10: Grains (rice, farro, barley, etc.)
24: Something mashed
8: Salad (Lettuces)
I love roasting fruit and not only for desserts. Roasted fruit is fantastic in salads.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl whisk together orange zest, flax seed oil, balsamic vinegar and agave nectar. Add your halved strawberries and stir. Place strawberries in your baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Roast for 25 minutes. Allow strawberries to cool a bit before placing on your greens.
Place your mixed greens on your plate or platter, adorn with strawberries, sprinkle with a little feta cheese and sunflower seeds and sparingly drizzle a little dressing over top.
TIP: Toasted walnuts can be use to garnish and walnut oil can be substituted for the flax seed oil.
For more sensational sides be sure to visit my friends!
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Roasted Cauliflower, Carrots and Chickpeas With Halloumi Cheese
Dishin & Dishes: Roasted Asparagus and Avocado Toast
The Cultural Dish: Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Two Variations
Weelicious: Roast Chicken With Caramelized Lemons, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Roasted Leeks With Polenta and Pork Tenderloin
Red or Green?: Spicy Roasted Radishes and Asparagus With Balsamic Vinegar
Virtually Homemade: Grilled Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
The Sensitive Epicure: Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Asparagus With Rosemary
Feed Me Phoebe: Artichokes With White Wine and Thyme
Devour: Oven Roasted Vegetable Recipes
FN Dish: An Ode to the Oven, Roasted Side Dish Recipes