- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Green Gourmet Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Green Gourmet Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama or a mixture of salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pineapple, cut into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced vertically around the core
- Juice and zest of one lime
Not only was this a refreshing a delicious meal, but it was so very pretty!
Place grapeseed oil, balsamic vinegar, ginger, basil, Slap Ya Mama, onion powder, rosemary and thyme in a large container. Add chicken breast and toss and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
While the chicken is marinating, brush pineapple slices with grapeseed oil. Place on hot grill with red bell pepper slices. Grill for five to ten minutes or until pineapple slices adn red bell pepper soften a bit and attain flavorful grill marks. Remove from grill and cut into tiny pieces. Set in a bowl and add the juice and zest of one lime.
Once the chicken has marinated, grill on both sides for about 10 minutes or until you have nice grill marks and the juices run clear. Overcooking will result in a dry chicken breast. You can use a meat thermometer and remove once the chicken has reached 170 degrees. check in the thickest part of the chicken.
Place chicken on top of steamed rice with chopped scallions adn freshly chopped parsley and top with Grilled Pineapple Pepper Salsa. Enjoy!