- 6 to 8 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dry seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons raw local honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or plain yogurt
One of our family’s favorite meals is chicken paillard. The word “paillard” sounds fancy and perhaps complicated but I promise it is super easy! All paillard means that the chicken is pounded flat and grilled or sautéed quickly. I love the ease of purchasing thinly sliced chicken breast in bulk at BJ’s Wholesale Club. This saves you lots of time and cleanup. The work is done for you, the chicken is thinly sliced, packed in fours and ready for the freezer. About thirty minutes before I am ready to cook the chicken breasts, I submerge the bag of chicken in cool water. Thawing out takes no time at all.
Last night we enjoyed chicken paillard, roasted balsamic potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Are frozen vegetables good for you?
Fresh is usually best (particularly when bought locally) but frozen vegetables are definitely better than canned vegetables. Frozen veggies do not contain sodium, they last longer and I think that whatever helps you eat more veggies is a good thing. That’s my opinion and I am stickin’ to it!
Okay so back to the recipe at hand. Let me hear three cheers for chicken paillard! And what’s better than a plate of flavorful, crispy chicken?
Crispy chicken with a little honey mustard on the side!
Here’s how quick and easy it is to prepare:
1. On a large plate, combine Panko breadcrumbs, Ranch seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. Press both sides of the chicken into the mixture, coating well and set aside.
2. In a large saute pan place olive oil and butter.
3. Cook your chicken breasts over medium-high heat. Saute both sides for three minutes or so until golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels.
5. Place on a serving platter and garnish with a little fresh Parmesan cheese over the top. (I love using my microplane for this task.)
6. In a small bowl stir together your mustard, honey and mayonnaise. Enjoy a little sauce on the side with your chicken. It’s yummy!