- 13.5 ounce box Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 (4-ounce) bars of Premier White Baking Bar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup M & M's candies
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews (or other nut)
I must preface this recipe with a huge WARNING! Because I love you…
This snack is a-d-d-i-c-t-i-n-g!
There I said it.
The first thing you’ll need before making this recipe is:
I told you. That is a bowl of melted white chocolate.
Waiting right next to that bowl is a large container filled with powdered sugar, ground cinnamon and a bit of kosher salt.
The box of Chex mix sitting next to it is smiling. Really! It’s been down this road before. It knows what I’m up to. I’m not sure if it’s smiling because it’s excited or if it’s smirking at me because it clearly knows what’s about to happen. We all lose self-control.
A few years ago my son came home with a bag of a snack mix covered in white chocolate. We all about died.
With Valentine’s Day upon me, I decided to make a batch of this yummy snack mix as a surprise for Nate and his beautiful wife, Amanda.
Thank the good Lord, I remembered to make extra for us…or wait… what was i thinking?
My suggestion would be to portion out your snack and then bag up the rest. Hide it.Hide it, I tell you!
Try to forget about it. (Good luck).
And give the rest away like I will be. I hope.
I think the true sign of an obsessed food blogger is a dirty keyboard. Can you guess what color mine is right now?
Here’s how easy this was to make — don’t blink!
1. In a double boiler, place chopped white chocolate and shortening over a hot pan of water. Let the chocolate and shortening melt, stirring occasionally. I find turning the heat off once the water simmers works best. If any steam gets into the chocoalte it might seize.
2. In a large container with a tight-fitting lid, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Place the lid on and shake up a bit.
3. Place your cereal in a large bowl. Pour the melted white chocolate all over top and stir carefully coating the cereal well.
4. Add your cereal to your large container filled with powdered sugar, cover the lid and shake the heck out few it. Kids love helping with this part.
5. Add M & M’s and cashews (or the nut(s) of your choice) and stir just to combine.
Get ready. Set. Go!