- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. Slap Ya Mama or cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken, quartered (boneless or bone-in)
- 2 lemons, sliced thick
With grilling season upon us, our family loves this very flavorful recipe and it is great with a big refreshing salad!
When marinating food in plastic storage bags in the refrigerator, always store the bag on a plate or in a bowl. If the bags leaks, you’ve saved yourself a lot of clean-up time!
Combine first nine ingredients in a plastic storage bag. Whisk well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add the chicken and turn to coat evenly. Let chicken marinate for 2-4 hours.
Cook chicken and lemons on the grill until done. You can also place on a rack in a roaster adn bake until done about 25 minutes.