- 1 yellow squash, washed and dried
- 1 zucchini, washed and dried
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Cut the ends off of your squash and using a vegetable peeler, carefully create ribbons by starting at the top and cutting down the vegetable.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic and red pepper flakes in butter and olive oil for two minutes. Add your beautiful ribbons of yellow and green squash and saute for only a minute more. I enjoy my squash with some bite and only let it get somewhat softened. Toss, serve, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Another favorite recipe of ours is our Chocolate Zucchini Cake!
Yes, that’s right! Just like carrot cake, this recipe is delicious, but beware –if you’re like me you can’ t eat just a bite!