- 16 ounces assorted fresh berries (strawberries, black berries, blueberries and raspberries) or your favorite
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice or orange-flavored liquor
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 drops of liquid Stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 ounces or so store-bought meringue cookies
- 1 cup mint flavored chocolate chips
- Fresh mint for garnish
Prince William spent his school days at Eton College and there he most likely enjoyed, Eton Mess, a fun British dessert full of flavor! Easy and quick to prepare, this dessert is great to make in a hurry or a perfect make-ahead recipe!
Place berries in a large bowl and combine with orange juice or liquor and granulated sugar. Using a fork, crush the berries up just a bit. Set aside.
Whip up your cream with a few drops of liquid Stevia and mint extract until stiff peaks form.
Place meringue cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or a can. You should have about 2 cups of coarsely crushed meringue cookies.
Fold the crushed meringue cookies into the whipped cream and add the berries and the chocolate chips. Place in dessert glasses or serve in a large bowl, garnish with fresh strawberry and a sprig of mint and enjoy!