- 6 or 7 large zucchini
- 1 pound 93 % lean ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 grated onion and it’s juices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ketchup or chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cup to 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- Additional ketchup or chili sauce for top of rolls
When I make this I actually make stuffed zucchini for myself, stuffed peppers for my hubby and a little meatloaf for my son, Alex!
Cut your zucchini in half lengthwise. Remove the flesh by making slits in it, being careful not to cut through the skin. Using a metal spoon, remove the flesh and chop; place in a large bowl. To the bowl add the lean ground turkey, eggs, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and rice. Mix well and fill the zucchini with the mixture. Add a little extra ketchup over top before baking. Bake in a preheated 350 degree for 40 minutes.