- One potato per person
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
I love baked potatoes especially baked potatoes massaged with vegetable oil and sprinkled with kosher baked in the oven until the skin is crispy on the outside and is soft and delicious on the inside.
Yesterday our family enjoyed a grilled steak with chimichurri sauce with these baked potatoes, creamed spinach and a grilled salad.
This meal would be the perfect Valentine’s Day Dinner complete with my Flourless Chocolate Cake.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Use a brush to scrub your potatoes well under warm water.
3. Dry your potatoes very well with paper towels or a clean dish towel.
4. Place the potatoes in a baking dish and drizzle with a little vegetable oil. Coat the potatoes well by rubbing oil all over.
5. Sprinkle a little kosher or sea salt all over.
6. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until a knife can be easily inserted through the potato.
We served our potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and crumbled bacon. You can also serve with chopped scallions.