- 1 orange, peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 1 lemon, peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed with the skins left on
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (Jose uses an olive oil from his region in Spain called Siurana)
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A 1 pound combination of green, gordal, manzanilla, arbequina, and black empeltre olives
Don’t you just love recipes that simply direct you to throw everything in a bowl? I do, so that’s why I created this recipe!
In a large bowl, combine the orange and lemon peel, juice of both orange and lemon, garlic, oil, vinegar, thyme and salt. Add the olives and mix well. Marinate for at least 12 hours, covered, and serve at room temperature. It gets better as it sits so pleas — make it in advance!